Tuesday, March 13, 2012


Emergency Phone charger and Cool wallpaper App

This week I am showing you a handy little Item, that I purchased recently for a hospital stay, I thought - well I don't really care if it doesn't last after that, but it has been a great little performer and a lifesaver. 

Now I never leave home with out my portable iPhone/iPad charger, this handy little device cost me less than $10 and has saved myself (and others) countless times. You charge it up just like you would your phone, carry it with you, then if your phone or iPad runs low on charge you simply plug the portable charger into it, and continue to use while it charges your device back to full charge. It is small enough and light enough that it doesn't hinder normal usage, apart from fitting in a normal size pocket when connected.

The particular one I have, which is listed below, had a series of blue lights to let you know how much charge it has left in it, and a light to let you know that it is fully charged, when you are charging it.
Portable Battery External Backup Charger Apple iPhone iPod 3G 4 4S  AUS  Same day Dispatch * AUS WARRANTY * AU $9.50, FREE POST
Link to Charger

I searched for a similar charger for other brands of phones and came up with this item, It is not from an Australian Seller like the other is, and I have never used this particular charger, so I can't vouch for its performance or reliability. Please make sure you check the voltage, and amperage output of  the charger before purchasing/using to make sure it is compatible with your particular  phone.
2800mAh UNIVERSAL EXTERNAL PORTABLE BATTERY CHARGER AU $14.76 plus AU $11.82 Postage
Link to charger

It is important to note that you don't use the phone with the portable charger, while you are recharging the charger. I know, why would you!, but some may think it is killing two birds with one stone.

And on a Quick note, I came across a great little app that was only released on iTunes yesterday, it is a free app that is the brainchild of two ladies, one of whom is responsible for the design of "The Blogess" and "Rocket Shoes", it gives you 200  professionally designed wallpapers based on everything from pop culture to worldwide travel.(yes I have a robot one already!) There are 260 more purchasable images from 0.99c to $1.99 and they plan to try and add a new collection every week. The images may be used on the lock screen and the home screen. The app is called Paper'd and is available in the iTunes App store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to let me know your thoughts