Monday, November 14, 2011


My First Blog


Hello, welcome to my very first post. I have decided to start this blog to try and give people who are not so technical minded or who aren’t up on latest internet events and issues, a guide as to how to have an easier, Safer experience online and to keep up with the latest issues with phones, Tech devices, and social media.


Although technology and IT (Information Technology) is now my passion, I have come from a totally non IT background. I have had to change my career and have spent the last 3 years studying IT and Network administration (controlling large numbers of computers so they can communicate 
to each other.) In one of my first lessons at College I had to ask the person beside me how to copy and paste, so I was definitely a newbie.


I listen to quite a lot of online audio shows which are known as podcasts, and on these shows people phone or write in with issues, I listen to their issues and think “Wow” that is a really unsecure practice or, that is actually quite simple to fix.
I will be providing a lot of tips on how to keep your Computer safe from online and offline unwanted intrusion, and keeping your home network secure. I will try and provide advice on latest phone updates, and things like guides to making your battery last longer and handy apps, mostly these will be iphone related. I will try and provide up to date news and security issues from the major social network platforms 
(Facebook, Twitter, Google +).


As time goes by I will explain a lot of “why you need to do this” things and will be open to hearing your questions and problems, I can’t guarantee I will be able to solve them, but will definitely endeavour to find out what I can.


I will end this first post with one tip that is very important and is an issue that is causing grief for people at the moment. 
People Will Never call you to help you with your computer or tell you that you have virus issues. The only people that might have an inkling as to what issues your system may have is your IP (Internet Provider) and they usually send you an email about an issue. If you are unsure, tell them that you will call them back and ring them on a number from the phone book or the internet, don’t let the person who has called you provide the number to call back on. I will go into more detail about this at a later date but for now 
I just wanted to get this important message across.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of Blogging :)

physiopaul said...

Thanks Tony! My skills are pretty poor at times. What I struggle with is some of the jargon stuff on twitter! I just found out what lol meant the other day! Haha. Love the new blog! Thanks!

angela said...

great blog tone! lots of usefull information! well done!!!

Post a Comment

Please feel free to let me know your thoughts